Medical Cannabis Support Group for Seniors
First Sunday of each month from 10:15 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
If you’re over 50 and a medical patient using cannabis, join Harborside’s Senior Citizen Support Group the first Sunday of each month for helpful tips and encouragement from other patients
Do any of these apply to you?
- You have started to use medical cannabis and are faced with opposition from family, friends, or others.
- You have tried prescription pills and other treatments for your health issues, but you need something different.
- You want to use medical cannabis, but you have questions about safe access, transporting it, or how it is used.
- You are interested in improving your quality of life with medical cannabis, but you don’t know how to begin.
Senior Citizen Support Group PurposeThe senior citizen support group is designed to educate patients age 50 and over about the role medical cannabis will play in their lives. It also supports seniors whose family, friends or doctors are not in favor of medical cannabis.
Senior Citizen Support Group Focus
The struggles of senior living are best understood by fellow seniors. The focus of the support group is to provide a comfortable, empathic, and supportive environment where seniors can share experiences with using medical cannabis and life coping skills. Our group aims to educate and inform seniors about the exciting discoveries concerning cannabis use in the healthcare field.
Support group topics may include:
- The benefits of medical cannabis
- Safe access
- How to talk with your physician about medical cannabis
- How to transport your medical cannabis legally
- Keeping your medical cannabis locked up and away from children
- Talking with family and friends about medical cannabis use
- Life coping skills
- Resource sharing
We welcome seniors 50 and over to our support group which is held the first Sunday of each month from 10:15 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. If you have questions, call 888-994-2726. Please sign up for the support group at the Harborside Health Center reception office.