About Harborside Health Center:
"Harborside Health Center, a nonprofit medical marijuana dispensary with locations in Oakland and San Jose, California, is looked upon as a model of how others could operate." - The New York Times
Founded in 2006 by Steve DeAngelo, Harborside Health Center is the most respected and largest medical cannabis dispensary in the United States. Harborside has over 200,000 registered patients and was first in the nation to support education for seniors, veterans and families with severely ill children; first in the country to offer CBD-rich medicine; and the first to treat children with Dravet syndrome. Harborside continues to set an example of diversity and compliance, and is one of the prime advocates of diversity, sustainability and economic justice in the industry.
DeAngelo also co-founded the nation’s first cannabis-testing facility, Steep Hill Labs, and the country’s first cannabis investment and research firm, The Arcview Group. His book, The Cannabis Manifesto: A New Paradigm for Wellness, is published by North Atlantic Books and distributed by Penguin/Random House. DeAngelo was named one of the most influential people and “gatekeeper” of the marijuana industry in 2015 by the International Business Times, and one of the most influential people in the cannabis industry in 2014 by the Cannabis Business Executive.
- Help every individual person who comes through our doors feel truly cared for, valued and respected.
- Protect medical cannabis patients by providing a safe and affordable alternative to the dangerous circumstances of the illegal drug market.
- Honor the trust provided by our fellow citizens by faithfully and rigorously observing and enforcing the laws of the progressive, visionary city of Oakland, and the great state of California.
- Protect the safety, tranquility and cleanliness of our immediate neighborhood.
- Create an extraordinary environment of medical care, honesty and friendliness.
- Encourage engagement of the mind-body-soul nexus in the healing process.